The first $650,000 allocated by AdvanceSC provides grants to public assistance programs. The remaining funds are divided between economic development and manufacturing competitiveness programs as follows:
- 25 percent to high school, technical and community colleges and university programs that support manufacturing or economic development
- 25 percent to economic development programs via existing partnerships, chambers of commerce and economic development organizations to attract new or expanding industries
- 50 percent to existing industrial customers to increase productivity, reliability, cost control, efficiency, or to positively impact the environment
- The board of directors of AdvanceSC makes all grants decisions.
- The AdvanceSC board may elect to disburse funds received in any year, over more than a year, to achieve maximum impact on the community.